Grassfed to Finish: A Production Guide to Gourmet Grass-Finished Beef
By Allan Nation
Eatwild.com As the demand for grass-finished beef out paces the supply, many producers are rushing to fill this need. Unfortunately, many are harvesting beeves too early, using the wrong genetics, and grazing less than desireable pasture systems.
In this book, Allan Nation provides the answers to:
• What it takes to have tender, flavorful meats every time
• How genetics can create a high value carcass yield.
• What researchers have learned about the health benefits of grassfed products.
• How to incorporate low-stress tactics for healthy, happy animals.
• How to turn cull cows into gourmet products.
• What educated, health-conscious consumers want and how to serve them.
"Those producers who invest the time and educational know-how to produce a gourmet-quality product will reap the highest profits in the grass-finished boom," says Nation. "Only knowledge will separate the exceptional from the good enough."
Hardcover: 299 pages Publisher: Green Park Press (October 2005) Language: English ISBN-10: 0972159711 ISBN-13: 978-0972159715